Monday, September 3, 2007

Detroit to New York

On Tuesday we left pretty early to go to the airport. There we had to pay the 50 dollars for unaccompanied minor, which I didn't have to pay on the way to Detroit. Caitlin' s mom, Erin and Caitlin got a pass to go through security and after I got on the plane they had to wait until it took off. At first I sat next to two broad shouldered me, then the stewardess came ( she called me Danielle...lol)and asked them if they wanted to change seats. They said they were fine , so she left with a skeptical look, but came back after 5 minutes asking me to come with her. I wondered what the problem was, but followed her and she led me to a seat in business call. It was so awesome!!! I had two seats for myself, probably the seats the two men would have gotten if they agreed to have been moved. I was really happy.
We had to wait for about half an hour for the plane to take off because there were so many other planes in line to take off. In Business class you get your drinks in a real glass instead of a plastic cup and you get snacks on short flights.
The stewardess told me to stay seated and when everyone was off the plane she guided me out into the terminal where another 2 flight attendends waiting for me. I hung out with them , sat behind the counter while they checked 2 flights and then went with them to a northwest "common room" and hung out there.Then after about four hours we waited in front of McDonalds and then Mom and Dad appeared. Dad had to sighn omething and then the three of us got on a bus to grand central. Then we took the train to NewBurgh where grandma and grandpa were waiting for us. It was pretty late when we got home.

No comments: